At Bardee, our ambition is to reshape the global food system. To do this, we breed billions of insects 🐛 to transform food waste 🥗 into insect protein for animal feed 🐶 and fertiliser 🌲 in our world-leading vertical farming system ~ learn more about what we do here.
We’ve launched a range of products for the agricultural sector in Australia and are ready to scale up our commercial activities to help more customers get their hands on these powerful & sustainable inputs for their businesses.
Bardee is now looking for a Business Development Manager to take our business to the next level.
We’re looking for someone to help Bardee grow our fertiliser & protein sales into the agriculture sector. The successful candidate will be self-driven and able to own the end to end outreach, sales, and onboarding for customers. As part of this outcome, you’ll lead activities like:
- Lead generation: Developing market knowledge, segmenting & prioritising prospective customers, creating lists, and conducting phone-based or in-person outreach to maintain a full sales pipeline
- Nurturing and qualifying leads: Developing and customising sales methods based on customer needs, conducting demos, and building relationships to maximise conversion potential
- Closing & holding sales: Helping prospective customers easily overcome blockers to onboarding, and following up with customers post-sale to ensure they are happy with the product & have everything they need to get started
- Supporting strong KPI delivery: Keeping sales forecasts and reporting up to date, and managing your activity volume at each funnel stage to ensure you deliver targets
- Applying lessons learned to improve our systems: Codifying a playbook for how we source leads, contributing ideas for marketing campaigns and collateral to support product development, awareness, inbound leads, and conversion
- In-person, fully remote, or hybrid, for the right candidate, this role can be shaped to suit how you work best from anywhere in Australia.
This role will report to the Chief Commercial Officer and provides a huge amount of opportunity for growth as Bardee 30X our operations over the next 18 months.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- At least 1-3 years in a direct sales or business development role, ideally in the agricultural space
- Strong motivation and ability to self-manage and drive your own workload and time, and meet and exceed targets in a fast-paced environment
- Polished and professional presentation, verbal and written comms in a B2B sales setting
- Good digital literacy & ability to use a CRM, report sales performance metrics
- Exceptional customer service skills, ensuring timely and detailed follow up with each customer
- Ability to take on coaching and customer feedback and learn from the sales process to further adapt our product and sales methodology
Why work at Bardee?
- Ethical, impactful work: you’ll be directly working with growers & manufacturers across Australia to switch to sustainable, ethically produced fertiliser & protein sources, and prevent food waste from ending up in emissions-emitting landfills.
- Competitive pay with performance-based commissions
- Employee share option plan so you can share in Bardee’s success
- Growth opportunities: in the next 2 years, we will 30x the size of our operations and you can grow with the company
- Flexible working arrangements: an opportunity to work in-office or remotely with flexible leave policies
- Learning-focused, fun team culture: quarterly learning-based offsites, catered lunch on Fridays and regular social events
Please email our Chief Commercial Officer: email@example.com